Join Our Team
A Great Place to Work
Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we all benefit from the wide range of experience that each person brings to FamilyCare.
We know that being a good employer involves more than providing staff benefits. We have worked with our staff to develop a set of values that we can all share and that will firmly establish FamilyCare as a great place to work.
We offer competitive salary, flexible hours, multiple sites, malpractice liability coverage and more.
Please contact us regarding any job openings by submitting your resume to email@example.com.
Learn more about joining our team by downloading our Recruitment Brochure.
What Our Providers are Saying
Job Posting – Chief Executive Officer
FamilyCare Health Centers (WomenCare, Inc.), an FQHC and Section 330 Community Health Center serving over 31,000 patients in south-central West Virginia, seeks a passionate, experienced healthcare leader to serve as its next Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will demonstrate both a unique appreciation for our history, mission, and values, and a capacity to ensure our longevity by becoming a true market competitor in healthcare. Additional characteristics we believe the next CEO will exemplify include:
- Strong understanding of, and empathy with, the healthcare needs of financially and socially vulnerable patient populations;
- Notable experience with networking at the local, state, and federal level regarding healthcare concerns;
- Comprehensive knowledge of various funding sources (e.g., grants; private donations; local, state and federal funds) and a track record of success securing funds;
- A leadership style that listens first, and communicates with openness and transparency;
- An ability to empower and hold accountable a strong team of C-suite executives, site managers, nurses, providers, and staff members; and
- The dexterity to be a visionary, while remaining grounded in organizational reality.
FamilyCare’s next CEO will follow our founder, Martha Cook Carter, who will retire in late summer/early fall 2018.
If you fit our leadership profile, we encourage you to review the job description that follows and submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names & contact information for three references to the contact listed below. Candidate materials will be accepted until end of business on February 28, 2018.
Email materials to:
Susan Scouras Chairman, Board of Directors for FamilyCare
CEO JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports To: Board of Directors
Position Classification: Exempt
Work Location: Main office located in Scott Depot, WV
Travel Required: Yes, including travel to all FamilyCare Sites
The CEO provides leadership, vision, and direction for FamilyCare and develops organizational strategy. The CEO also implements policies approved by the Board of Directors, manages FamilyCare’s programs and operations, and seeks opportunities to develop projects and partnerships that further FamilyCare’s mission.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison to the Board of Directors, cooperating with them to set the mission, vision, and strategic direction for FamilyCare, and regularly updating them on the business of FamilyCare.
- Ensures the achievement of FamilyCare’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including patient service and financial objectives.
- Elevates awareness of FamilyCare with local, state, and federal officials; healthcare representatives; and peers through networking activities (e.g., participating in key associations and organizations; attending legislative activities; speaking in public settings, etc.)
- Leads a team of FamilyCare staff in identifying, requesting, and securing funds (e.g., grants; private donations; local, state and federal funds),
- Promotes the philosophy and mission of FamilyCare throughout the organization, including in the development of policy and procedure.
- Oversees the flow of funds to guarantee that allocations are based on the mission, vision, and strategic direction adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Advances human resource approaches (e.g., professional development programs, benefits strategies, etc.) that ensure FamilyCare attracts and retains qualified, professional staff.
- Sustains a climate of open communication and transparency within FamilyCare.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, and all program and grant requirements to maintain FamilyCare’s status as a federally qualified health center.
- Serves as the chief spokesperson for the organization to all stakeholders.
Master’s degree or doctorate in healthcare administration, business administration, public health, or related field, and a minimum of five years experience in non-profit healthcare administration preferred.
The CEO directly supervises the CFO, COO, CMO, CNO, Compliance Officer, Dental Director, and Director of Marketing and Communications.
The CEO operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with frequent interruptions. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
FamilyCare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FamilyCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. FamilyCare expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of FamilyCare’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The CEO Job Description is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, the Board of Directors has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
THIS JOB POSTING